Personal injury accidents can be unexpected and tragic, resulting in severe injuries to those who are involved. It is because of this that medical attention should be sought immediately after the accident occurs. When this is done, it is important to take the advice of the medical professional seriously and follow it so that you can recover properly. Continue reading below to learn more.
Why Should I Follow Medical Advice?
There are several reasons as to why an injured person should follow the advice given to them by a medical professional, including the following:
- They are qualified experts. Doctors go through years of education and training to be able to do their job. It is because of this that any medical advice should be taken from a licensed physician. They have the knowledge that is necessary to understand how your injuries should be treated.
- Doing so can avoid complications. There is a reason why doctors give you the advice that they do. This is to make sure that no further problems ensue. This can include washing wounds or changing bandages to avoid infections, avoiding certain foods or drugs while taking other medication, and much more.
- It allows for adjustments to be made. If you are following the instructions of a doctor and report back with follow-ups and results, doctors can know what is and is not working for you. This allows them to tailor a treatment plan with alternatives that work for you.
- Improve long-term outcomes. By following your doctor’s instructions, it can improve the outcome of your injuries and their recovery in the long run. Patients who fail to follow doctor’s recommendations may not experience the same recovery as a patient who did.
- Medical records are documented. This includes reports that the incident and your injuries happened, doctor’s notes along the way, and general medical records. These documents create a picture of the accident and its consequences, which can be used in court to support a personal injury claim.
- Fight insurance companies, if necessary. Following your treatment plan by doctor’s orders can help eliminate or mitigate any arguments with insurance carriers about receiving the financial coverage they need.
Contact our Firm
If you or a loved one has been in a personal injury accident in Pennsylvania, it’s important that you contact an experienced Philadelphia personal injury attorney to help you with your case and to make sure that you are not taken advantage of. Contact Spear Greenfield to get the right attorney in your corner.