Philadelphia, PA – Multi-Car Collision on I-95 at Broad St Ends in Injuries

June 1, 2022

Philadelphia, PA (June 1, 2022) – According to reports from officers of the Philadelphia Police Department, an accident involving many automobiles occurred in the late hours of Wednesday, June 1, with multiple persons allegedly injured.

The information provided by local authorities, together with the preliminary data released by the police, indicates that the incident occurred on the southbound side of Interstate 95 near Exit 17 and Broad Street.

There were at least two to three cars merging between the center and rightmost lanes of traffic at the time of the collision. At 10:15 p.m., in the late evening, a small group of emergency medical workers and fire rescue units began coordinating their efforts to evacuate the area and treat the injured.

The collision caused extensive damage to both automobiles, and emergency medical workers who went to the scene reported that one or two of the victims had injuries ranging in severity from moderate to severe.

The inquiry into the primary circumstances that led to the accident is still underway.

The accident victims and their families are in our thoughts, and we hope that they will recover completely.

Pennsylvania Multiple-Vehicle Accident Injuries

Pennsylvania has more than 120,000 miles of roads and highways, with 33% maintained by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) and the remaining 67% maintained by local governments and other agencies.

On Pennsylvania roads and highways, motor vehicle traffic collisions are investigated and reported by both the Pennsylvania State Police and roughly 1,300 local municipal police agencies. And per their reports, in the Pennsylvania Commonwealth, there were 104,475 reported Pennsylvania traffic accidents in 2020. These collisions resulted in the deaths of 1,129 persons and the injuries of 61,248 others.

No of the time of day or night, there is always the possibility of motor vehicle-related events occurring on our nation’s main highways. This may include pedestrians, cyclists, or other vehicles. Even though there are several potential causes for these collisions in Pennsylvania, some of the most common include distracted driving, driving too fast or being aggressive, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Even while there are several potential causes for these accidents in Pennsylvania, one of the most prominent is distracted driving.

If you were wounded in a motor vehicle collision that was not your fault and had a significant impact on your life, you may be wondering where you may get the essential assistance. If so, there are several sites where you may get aid. Consequently, it is crucial that you seek the advice of an experienced attorney at this difficult time in your life.

Spear Greenfield Personal Injury Attorneys’ attorneys have vigorously and enthusiastically represented their clients in a range of personal injury claims for a number of years.

Even if you are hesitant to seek legal action after an accident, you should at least do research, especially if you have suffered physical, emotional, or financial loss. At Spear Greenfield, our attorneys provide free advice so that you may make informed decisions based on the most accurate information. The Spear Greenfield team will ensure that you get appropriate medical treatment and assist you in obtaining evidence.

Call us at (215) 600-0681 to talk with a Philadelphia vehicle accident attorney about how our team can assist you and your family immediately. We will be pleased to discuss the many available options with you. If you or a member of your family has been wounded in a car accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation.

Note: Our team of writers uses secondary sources to produce this post including local and state media and news sources, local and state police incident reports, social media platforms as well as eyewitness accounts about serious accidents that take place in Pennsylvania. For that reason, if you find any information that is not correct, please contact Spear Greenfield Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as possible so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. A post will be removed upon request. 

Disclaimer: The photos used in this post were not taken at this accident scene. All information contained in this post is informational and not intended to be considered legal or medical advice. This post is not a solicitation for business.