Auto Accident Attorney in Philadelphia
Car accidents are frightening, painful, and can leave you with serious concerns about your future. More emotion can resonate if that accident was not your fault but linked to a negligent driver practicing either dangerous or distracted driving. If you were injured in a car accident, it is important to explore your legal options by speaking with an experienced attorney, who is qualified to guide you through the legal process and aid you in recovering compensation for damages.
Understanding the type of accident sustained is important when speaking with your Philadelphia or New Jersey auto accident attorney during the information gathering process. The common types of accidents are listed below.
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents tend to occur when a driver is not paying attention and hits the car in front of them. In this type of accident, the vehicle that is rear-ended is rarely at fault.
- Low-speed collisions: These accidents usually do not occur on roads but in locations such as parking lots. It usually consists in the form of one car backing into another.
- T-bone collisions: These accidents occur at intersections when one driver runs through a traffic light or stop sign at the same time as another driver is crossing, causing them to collide.
- Single-vehicle collisions: These accidents happen when a driver slides off the road, usually a result of icy or dangerous road conditions, and hits a fixed object on the side of the road.
No matter the accident type, you may be suffering from physical, emotional, or financial damages afterward, which makes it important to at least have an initial conversation with a lawyer to be armed with the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision. The importance of the initial meeting is the reason Spear Greenfield offers this consultation for free. The initial consultation carries no obligation or hidden fees, just knowledge and insights.
The Process of Determining Liability in an Auto Accident
All drivers have a legal obligation to drive safely on the road. This obligation not only protects them but other drivers and passengers as well. However, this obligation is not always respected as people make poor driving decisions in the two main categories of negligence, dangerous or distracted driving.
If an individual finds themselves the victim of negligent driving, the driver can be held responsible for their actions through a personal injury lawsuit. This lawsuit relies on the injured party satisfying the burden of proof by showing the accident and injuries sustained were a direct result of the liable driver’s poor behavior. Evidence that can be helpful in satisfying the burden of proof include a police report from the accident, medical documentation of the injuries, pictures of the accident scene, and any witness testimonials.
The legal process has numerous steps, meticulous documentation, and strict deadlines, which are generally simplified through the involvement of a Philadelphia auto accident attorney or a personal injury law firm. An auto accident attorney guarantees your interests are represented. Click below to learn more about evaluating the need for an attorney in an auto accident situation.
Available Damages After A Car Collision
After suffering injury, damages, and loss in a car accident, there are numerous funds and benefits that may be entitled to the injured party. A personal injury attorney in Philadelphia can ensure full compensation is legally explored. Some types of compensation that Pennsylvania law requires your insurance company to pay include:
- Medical coverage to compensate the medical professionals’ treating your injuries.
- Property damage coverage to repair your vehicle or pay you its value if totaled.
- Lost wage coverage to pay you for time missed from work.
- Compensation that is not paid by insurance that covers you or the involved car.
The pain and frustration felt following a car accident is brutal, but those feelings are heightened if the accident is not your fault but caused by another party’s negligence. At Spear Greenfield, seeing our victims at a low point is tough, but it motivates us to fight for your justice and compensation! No one’s life should be ruined due to negligence, and our team will ensure you are represented and protected! Click below to schedule a free appointment, which will allow us to evaluate your case and educate you on your legal actions. Rest assured there is no obligation, hidden fees, or pressure within this appointment.
Benefits of Working with Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury attorneys are well versed in the legal process surrounding an auto accident. In a stressful and uncertain time, having a guide to answer questions and manage the various legal specifics is critical. With a process that has several self-interested parties and is filled with complexities, having a representative serving your best interest is important. Below are other benefits associated with recruiting a Pennsylvania personal injury attorney.
- Deal with Insurance Companies – An insurance company’s main goal is to settle claims with the least amount of expense. So your insurance representative may pressure you to agree to your insurance payout before your injuries have developed or before your treatment has been completed. This might mean your claim could be undervalued. An auto accident lawyer can advise you on the handling of insurance companies and in some instances speak with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Recognize the Benefits of Taking a Case to Trial – An auto accident attorney initially strives to achieve a favorable settlement instead of taking your case to court. However, a lawyer has the experience to determine whether a settlement or an official trial offers a more favorable compensation and will advise you in the proper course of action.
- Handle Cases with Uninsured Motorists – When you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, an auto accident attorney can help investigate strategies to collect compensation. One example is that the state of Pennsylvania offers uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage through the Pennsylvania Assigned Risks Claims Plan. An auto accident attorney has the expertise to explore this option to determine whether the situation would legally qualify.
While the legal process is complex, involving an auto accident attorney will simplify the process. If you are simply interested in the basics of personal injury cases, including a blueprint of the basic legal process, click on the link below.
Why Choose Spear Greenfield?
Following a car accident, all involved parties will protect their own interests, whether it is the insurance company or the negligent driver, so you need to ensure there is someone fighting for your best interests. The Spear Greenfield attorneys have passionately represented countless injured victims from car accidents. We care about our clients and want to ensure their physical, financial, and emotional recovery following an auto accident. For this reason, our firm will dedicate time, staff, and resources to your case! We are not afraid to take a case to trial if that decision increases the compensation for our clients. In short, the Spear Greenfield team strives for nothing less than the maximum compensation. In fact, our firm once recovered nearly $3 million for one of our car accident clients who trusted us to represent his best interests. Below are additional reasons to choose Spear Greenfield.
- As mentioned above, Spear Greenfield has championed protecting the seriously injured for over 30 years, which is displayed by our work ethic and meticulousness dedicated to each case. We recognize our commitment to each client is the bedrock of our law firm. When joining the Spear Greenfield family, you become family to us, which makes obtaining the largest settlement for your claim a priority!
- Spear Greenfield never labels a case as too big or too small. Every case will be allocated the resources necessary to earn a favorable verdict or settlement.The Spear Greenfield team takes cases that other lawyers in Philadelphia and New Jersey won’t touch.
- Auto insurance companies respect Spear Greenfield, because we relentlessly fight for your justice. We will not let you prematurely settle with your insurance company unless their payment is spectacular!
Personal Injury Verdicts and Settlements
The following summary of recent auto accident verdicts and settlements demonstrates our proven track record.
- $2,700,000.00 – Inter-sectional accident
- $975,000.00 – Negligent truck accident
- $950,000.00 – Car rear-ended by tractor-trailer
- $300,000.00 – Car rear-ended
- $450,000.00 – Hit and run by uninsured vehicle
- $300,000.00 – Intersectional motor vehicle accident
- $80,463.80 – Intersectional accident
Contact a Philadelphia Accident Attorney
If you were seriously injured in a Philadelphia or New Jersey motor vehicle accident, it is important to enlist a personal injury attorney who will represent your best interests. In this process, the keys are to evaluate personal injury attorneys and prepare for your initial consultation with your selected attorney. Below is a link that will provide you more details including important questions to ask a personal injury attorney in the evaluation process and the preparation necessary for your initial consultation.
The attorneys at Spear Greenfield are proud to represent clients and strive to recover the maximum compensation during this difficult time. If you need a firm that can provide you with the personalized attention you deserve after a serious accident, partner with Spear Greenfield. Not only is our initial consultation free, but we offer a no fee guarantee, so unless you win, we won’t get paid! Contact Spear Greenfield today to learn more about how we can guide you through the legal process.