Personal injury accidents often result in serious physical, emotional, and financial burdens. It is because of this that victims of these accidents usually wish to pursue legal action. This not only serves as justice but it can result in recovering compensation as coverage for any damages. During these situations, it is important to retain the services of an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney for assistance. This begins with an initial consultation.
What Should I Bring to the Meeting?
In order to prepare for an initial consultation with a personal injury attorney, you must gather any necessary documentation regarding your case. This allows the attorney to have an understanding of the accident and injuries. Important documentation can include the following:
- A written, chronological description of how the accident and your injuries occurred.
- A copy of the police report from the accident.
- The names and contact information of any witnesses to be used for testimony.
- Your medical records to prove your injuries.
- Receipts of any expenses related to the injuries. This can include any out-of-pocket expenses for treatment and in-home care.
- Photos or videos of the accident and your injuries
- Your insurance information. This can include health, automobile, renter, or homeowner policies.
- Any contact with the other party or their insurance company. This can include letters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Any questions for the attorney regarding your case
Will I Be Asked Questions?
While it is important, documentation is not the only information that a personal injury attorney needs in order to get an overview of your case. In addition to this, the attorney will also usually ask a variety of questions pertaining to your life and your case. This allows them to better represent you as a person instead of just a case. The questions that may be asked during an initial consultation can include the following:
- What injuries do you have? How are you feeling?
- Have you seen a doctor? What was the prognosis?
- Did you talk to any other lawyers or insurance representatives?
- What medical and automobile insurance coverage do you have?
- Did you give a statement about the accident to your insurance company?
- Where are you employed/what do you do? How long have you worked there?
- Have you ever been in an accident before?
Contact our Firm
If you or a loved one has been in a personal injury accident in Pennsylvania, it’s important that you contact an experienced Philadelphia personal injury attorney to help you with your case and to make sure that you are not taken advantage of. Contact Spear Greenfield to get the right attorney in your corner.