The process of filing a personal injury claim can often be nerve-wracking and confusing. It is because of this that an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney can guide you through this process. You can be comforted by knowing that there are ways to prepare for your first meeting with an attorney so that you are ready to discuss your case right away.
What Should I Bring to my First Meeting?
While our firm can handle the legal aspects of your case, we need the necessary information regarding your case to begin. This entails different documents and evidence regarding the incident that caused your injuries. While some of this can be difficult to obtain, there are certain simpler documents that are easy to bring to an initial consultation. This can include the following:
- Pictures or videos of the accident
- Medical documents outlining the origin and extent of your injuries
- Police reports filed at the scene of the accident
- Your health insurance information
- Your auto insurance information, if applicable
- The contact information of any witnesses to the accident, including business cards, phone numbers, emails
- Any expenses you have undertook as a result of the accident, such as lost wages or hefty medical bills
Will my Attorney Ask me Other Questions?
Every claim is different from the one before it, which is why the questions that an attorney may ask you can vary on a case-by-case basis. However, there are certain basic, straightforward questions that are often asked in order to understand more about the case, how it happened, and why you wish to receive compensation. This can include, in your own words, the following:
- How did the accident happen?
- How are you feeling now?
- Are you currently employed?
- Were you involved in an accident in the past? Was it your fault?
- Have you contacted yours or the negligent party’s insurance company regarding the accident?
Contact our Firm
If you or a loved one has been in a personal injury accident in Pennsylvania, it’s important that you contact an experienced Philadelphia personal injury attorney to help you with your case and to make sure that you are not taken advantage of. Contact Spear Greenfield to get the right attorney in your corner.