Defining the Personal Injury Process in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Whether defined in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, personal injury refers to the physical and mental injuries sustained by an individual, which were caused by someone else’s negligence. The severity of personal injuries can range from minor to life threatening injuries. When a slip and fall injury occurs, the affected party may have a personal injury case that entitles him or her to compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. Personal injury cases are the most common type of lawsuit filed in the United States every year.
In order to win a personal injury case generally Pennsylvania and New Jersey state laws require you to prove three things:
- The party who caused your injuries had a responsibility to not injure you and failed to live up to that responsibility.
- There is a connection between the other party’s responsibility and your injury.
- You suffered damages or a financial loss, as a result of your injury.
While proving this list may seem easy in concept, there is nuance and detail involved. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney at Spear Greenfield provides you the option of having a personal guide and advocate through a legal process that can be complex. Click the button below to schedule your free consultation, which carries no hidden charges or unwanted pressure.
Trust the Process
Suffering a personal injury accident, especially one that is not your fault, is a traumatic and discouraging set back. We have seen numerous individuals experience these emotions following an accident. By reaching out to Spear Greenfield, we will provide you an empathetic ear and invite you to lean on our 30 years of experience. Let the Spear Greenfield team navigate you through the process of examining your personal injury claim. Below are common steps we guide our clients through in our evaluation process.
Identify Your Accident Type
Personal injury cases have various categories. Listed below are the most common personal injury categories, which we have assisted our clients through. Spear Greenfield represents each of these categories. Due to the specific considerations related to each individual personal injury category, learning more about the category your specific personal injury falls under will provide you with focused information to use in the next steps of your evaluation process.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
In considering your injury, remember personal injury cases hinge on proving the three things listed above. Meeting with a personal injury attorney will help you understand whether your personal injury case fulfills the criteria. Outside of evaluating your case, a personal injury attorney is also critical, because they specialize in evidence collection, will guide you through the legal process, and represent your best interests!
For the majority of personal injury incidents, consulting with a personal injury lawyer is an important step to ensure you understand your legal options. Below is a list of signs for when to consider consulting with an attorney following your personal injury accident:
- Your accident led to serious injuries.
- Product liability was the cause of your accident.
- Your accident injuries have led to financial hardship.
- The liability is questioned as related to your insurance pay-out.
- The negligent party agrees to settle but proposes an inadequate settlement offer.
To learn more about the basic outline of the legal process and the important deadlines related to filing a personal injury claim, please click on the link below.
Successfully Evaluating a Personal Injury Attorney
Finding the best attorney for you is an important undertaking no matter what type of case you’re presenting. The evaluation process for an attorney is essential, so below is a list of questions to explore with each potential personal injury attorney candidate before making your decision.
- Have you handled my type of case before?
- How successful have you been with cases like mine?
- Have you ever been accused of attorney misconduct?
- What are the likely outcomes of my case?
- What is your strategy for my case?
- How will you keep in touch with me?
- What fees will I be charged?
- What do I have to do to help you with my case?
To learn more about the initial consultation process and evaluating a personal injury attorney, please click the link below.
Why Choose Spear Greenfield?
Personal injury lawyers in Pennsylvania are abundant, which is a positive because the crowded market provides you numerous options. The abundance of options also challenges law firms to continuously improve. While Spear Greenfield has been a staple in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and specifically the Philadelphia personal injury attorney market for decades, we pride ourselves in our attorney’s genuine concern and compassion for our clients. Work ethic, customer focus, and success rate are the main contributors of our firm’s longevity. Below are just a few of the reasons to consider Spear Greenfield for your personal injury needs!
- We offer a team of experienced trial attorneys who will not sell you short! The majority of our lawyers have taken cases from the beginning all the way to a jury verdict.
- As a client, the Spear Greenfield law firm prioritizes you by diligently working through your case and relentlessly fighting for the highest awarded money either through settlement or trial.
- Our law firm has assembled a team of attorneys who are dedicated to helping their clients. Our passionate legal team will take the time to guide you through your personal injury case process and meticulously attend to all the necessary details of that process.
Personal Injury Verdicts and Settlements
The following summary of recent verdicts and settlements demonstrates our proven track record as a champion of the seriously injured.
- $6,600,000.00 – Fire Incident
- $1,100,000.00 – Bus Accident
- $950,000.00 – Tractor Trailer Accident
- $794,285.00 – Motor Vehicle Accident
- $702,800.00 – Pedestrian Hit by Vehicle
- $700,000.00 – Motor Vehicle Accident
- $809,285.00 – Motor Vehicle Accident
- $625,000.00 – Work Incident
In our thirty years as a law firm, our clients have admitted to being the most stressed, vulnerable, and emotional that they have ever been in their lives when entering our doors. It presents an important responsibility for the Spear Greenfield team, which is to lighten the burden from our clients and guide them through their time of greatest difficulty. Facing the aftermath of a personal injury accident alone is a hurdle we wish for no one. If you have been involved in a personal injury incident, please call us at Spear Greenfield to learn more about our firm and schedule a free initial consultation, which carries no obligation or hidden fees. Also our legal services are accompanied by a no fee guarantee, which means we will not charge you for our services unless you win! Let us help make the legal process as simple and straightforward as possible. With our free consultation and no fee guarantee, you have nothing to lose! At Spear Greenfield, we are here for you.