Your Legal Options After a Serious Injury
To receive compensation for damages facilitated by a serious injury, the injured party must file a personal injury claim against the negligent party. The injured party must prove negligence occurred and directly precipitated their injuries. The required evidence can vary depending on the accident. Evidence that can be useful for a case can include medical documentation of the injuries, videos or pictures of the hazard, and witness testimonies. If successful in proving negligence, the injured party may recover compensation as coverage for any damages stemming from the accident.
Spear Greenfield has helped serious injury clients navigate legalities to receive justice and their entitled compensation. Our catastrophic injury lawyers will represent your best interests and fight for rightfully deserved serious injury compensation. To help you learn more, below are some initial stages of the legal process with links to additional information.
Common Causes of Serious Injuries
A serious injury claim can occur for many reasons, such as:
- Vehicle accidents: You could be involved in an accident involving an automobile, truck, bus, or motorcycle resulting from the negligence of another driver.
- Slips and falls: You might be visiting a neighbor and experience a severe injury when slipping on the ice on their front porch.
- Medical malpractice: You may receive advice or undergo a treatment regimen prescribed by a doctor that worsens your condition.
- Pedestrian accidents: An injury can occur when you’re walking down the street. A drunk driver could strike you when they stray onto the sidewalk or run a stop sign or red light. A neighbor’s dog may jump the fence and attack you as you pass by.
- Defective products: In many cases, the household products and other items we use daily are safe. However, a mistake resulting from the manufacturer’s negligence can lead to a serious injury.
- Violent crime: You could become the victim of an assault, robbery, shooting, or another criminal act that causes a significant injury.
A capable serious injury attorney can determine whether you may be entitled to damages and devise an effective legal strategy to pursue financial recovery.