Understanding the Personal Injury Process
Personal injury refers to the physical and mental injuries sustained by an individual, which were caused by another party’s negligence. While the severity of personal injuries can range from minor to life threatening injuries, the injured party should explore legal options for receiving compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
In order to win a personal injury case generally Pennsylvania and New Jersey state laws require you to prove three things:
- The party who caused your injuries had a responsibility to not injure you and failed to live up to that responsibility.
- There is a connection between the other party’s responsibility and your injury.
- You suffered damages or a financial loss, as a result of your injury.
Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney at Spear Greenfield provides you the option of having a personal guide and advocate through a legal process that can be complex. Click the button below to schedule your free consultation, which carries no hidden charges or unwanted pressure.
Trust the Process
At Spear Greenfield, we have seen numerous individuals experience these suffering, emotions, and uncertainty following an accident, which gives us an empathetic ear and the necessary experience. By reaching out to Spear Greenfield, we invite you to lean on our 30 years of experience as a law firm. Let our legal team navigate you through the process of examining your personal injury claim. Below are common steps we guide our clients through in our evaluation process.
Identify Your Accident Type
Personal injury cases have various categories. Listed below are the most common personal injury categories, which we have assisted our clients through. Spear Greenfield represents each of these categories, which each have specific considerations in the legal arena. Clicking on your specific category will provide you with more focused information to use in the next steps of your legal evaluation process.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Remember personal injury cases hinge on proving the three things listed above. Meeting with a personal injury attorney will help you understand whether your personal injury case fulfills the criteria. Outside of evaluating your case, a personal injury attorney is also critical, because they specialize in evidence collection, will guide you through the legal process, and represent your best interests!
For the majority of personal injury incidents, consulting with a personal injury lawyer is an important step to ensure you understand your legal options. Below is a list of signs for when to consider consulting with an attorney following your personal injury accident:
- Your accident led to serious injuries.
- Product liability was the cause of your accident.
- Your accident injuries have led to financial hardship.
- The liability is questioned as related to your insurance pay-out.
- The negligent party agrees to settle but proposes an inadequate settlement offer.
To learn more about the basic outline of the legal process and the important deadlines related to filing a personal injury claim, please click on the link below.
Successfully Evaluating a Personal Injury Attorney
Finding the best attorney for you is an important undertaking no matter what type of case you’re presenting. The evaluation process for an attorney is essential, so below is a list of questions to explore with each potential personal injury attorney candidate before making your decision.
- Have you handled my type of case before?
- How successful have you been with cases like mine?
- Have you ever been accused of attorney misconduct?
- What are the likely outcomes of my case?
- What is your strategy for my case?
- How will you keep in touch with me?
- What fees will I be charged?
- What do I have to do to help you with my case?
To learn more about the initial consultation process and evaluating a personal injury attorney, please click the link below.
Why Choose Spear Greenfield?
Spear Greenfield has been a staple in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and specifically the Philadelphia personal injury attorney market for decades. We pride ourselves in our genuine compassion for our clients and our customer focus. Our work ethic and success rate have been the drivers for Spear Greenfield’s 30 years of success. Below are just a few of the reasons to consider Spear Greenfield for your personal injury needs!
- We offer a team of experienced trial attorneys who will not sell you short! The majority of our lawyers have taken cases from the beginning all the way to a jury verdict.
- As a client, the Spear Greenfield law firm prioritizes you by diligently working through your case and relentlessly fighting for the highest awarded money either through settlement or trial.
- Our law firm has assembled a team of attorneys who are dedicated to helping their clients. Our passionate legal team will take the time to guide you through your personal injury case process and meticulously attend to all the necessary details of that process.
Personal Injury Verdicts and Settlements
The following summary of recent verdicts and settlements demonstrates our proven track record as a champion of the seriously injured.
- $6,600,000.00 – Fire Incident
- $1,100,000.00 – Bus Accident
- $950,000.00 – Tractor Trailer Accident
- $794,285.00 – Motor Vehicle Accident
- $702,800.00 – Pedestrian Hit by Vehicle
- $700,000.00 – Motor Vehicle Accident
- $809,285.00 – Motor Vehicle Accident
- $625,000.00 – Work Incident
Our legal team at Spear Greenfield has the important responsibility of lightening the burden for our clients and guiding our clients in their time of greatest difficulty. If you have been involved in a personal injury incident, please call us at Spear Greenfield to learn more about our firm and schedule a free initial consultation, which carries no obligation or hidden fees. Also our legal services are accompanied by a no fee guarantee, which means we will not charge you for our services unless you win! Let us help make the legal process as simple and straightforward as possible. With our free consultation and no fee guarantee, you have nothing to lose! At Spear Greenfield, we will never sell you short and always go the distance for you.