A truck accident can change your life. The size, force, and speed at which these large vehicles move put anyone at risk. When an accident occurs, the injuries can be significant, including long-term recovery and financial disaster. If you have been the victim of an incident like this, the Philadelphia semi-truck accident lawyer at Rand Spear The Accident Lawyer can help you.
We are committed to fighting to protect your rights. Do not settle your case until you set up a free consultation with a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer.
Why Semi-Truck Accidents Happen in Philadelphia
One of the first things we ask after such an accident is what happened. Oftentimes, victims are unsure of what occurred or why since these accidents often occur on busy highways such as along the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-95, or I-76. Yet, they can occur anywhere, and when they happen, the reasons are often frustrating because they are often avoidable.
Consider some of the most common semi-truck accident causes:
- Distracted driving. While professional drivers are behind the wheel of these vehicles, that does not mean those drivers are less likely to be distracted. Eating, talking on the phone, listening to the radio, texting, and using their navigation systems are all common reasons distracted driving causes accidents.
- Fatigued driving. It is also very common for truck drivers to spend many hours on the roadways. Sometimes, this can extend beyond what is allowable under the law, but even when it does not extend those limits, a tired driver who is falling asleep at the wheel puts everyone at risk.
- Improperly secured loads. Semi-trucks carry thousands of pounds of product in them. If the company loading that material into the truck is not paying close attention to what they are doing or improper loading occurs, that creates a higher risk for accidents.
- Reckless driving. Again, these drivers are experienced and professional, but they may be speeding, or they may change lanes without signaling. When that happens, accidents can occur.
- DUIs. Semi-truck accidents can occur in situations where the driver is intoxicated. This may be from prescription or illicit drugs as well as alcohol.
In many cases, understanding what went wrong and why the accident occurred allows our team to help make better decisions about who to seek out to cover your losses. For example, if the truck driver turned recklessly and caused an accident, it could have been because the truck was not loaded properly. That could mean the company loading it is also responsible.
Talk to a semi-truck accident lawyer in Philadelphia today.
Common Injuries in Semi-Truck Accidents
When a heavy semi truck slams into a vehicle, the injuries and losses can be profound. There is no type of injury that is avoided here. Many times, people have numerous losses.
Some of the most common injuries in trucking accidents include:
- Broken or shattered bones
- Internal organs from impact
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
There are many instances in which these injuries can lead to numerous complications for victims, including infections, amputation, and disfigurement. If you have been in an accident where these types of risks occurred, do not settle your case without first speaking to our semi-truck accident attorney in Philadelphia. Let us fight for compensation for all of your losses.
Philadelphia Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (215) 985-2424
What Your Semi-Truck Accident Might Be Worth
One of the most common questions our clients have is this one. The simplest answer is that your accident claim is worth all of the losses you have suffered combined. That is a simple answer, but determining what that number is can be much more challenging.
Here are some examples of what our semi truck accident attorneys in PA have helped our clients recover losses from.
- Emergency medical care at the time of the accident
- Hospital stays, including surgical needs
- Medical bills for long-term care and treatment
- Rehabilitation costs
- Infection treatment and control
- Repeated surgeries and procedures
- Cosmetic procedures after disfigurements
- Specialist care for complications
- Lost time at work
- Property loss
Non-Economic Losses from a Truck Accident
Those are the economic losses after a truck accident, but what about the impact this has had on your mental health and overall well-being? We also seek out noneconomic loss compensation, which may include the following:
- Pain and suffering claims
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
There are some situations where the worst has occurred, and the victim passes away. In this situation, our wrongful death attorneys will work aggressively to seek out compensation for the family to cover end-of-life costs and final arrangements. If you were dependent on the income of that individual, you may be owed additional compensation as well.
Let our Philadelphia semi-truck accident attorneys fight for that compensation.
Punitive Damages in a Truck Accident Case
Punitive damages may also apply in some cases. These are costs related to the losses you have in specific egregious situations. For example, the court may award these additional damages if you have suffered injury after a drunk driver struck you.
Do Not Settle Your Case without Speaking to Us First
Beyond a doubt, you need an attorney who is working for and representing you to help you obtain the highest level of compensation possible. There is too much on the line for you to settle your case without being sure that you are receiving fair compensation. Many of these accidents carry long-term and permanent losses.
ou may find it hard to work again. You may have lost your ability to do the things you love to do. You are owed compensation for that.
That is why we encourage you to speak to our semi-truck accident attorneys in Philadelphia to allow us to provide you with insight into what your legal rights are. Let us fight to protect you.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Philadelphia Attorneys Now
DEMAND RAND today and get help. Our Philadelphia semi truck accident attorney is happy to offer a free consultation to you to discuss your legal rights and offer guidance on your next step. There is no cost to you for a case evaluation.