Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys in PA
If you trip and fall down, you risk serious injuries. An injury sustained from a slip and fall accident can lead to numerous medical and financial burdens, such as serious injuries, lingering discomfort, medical bills, and lost wages. Whether you are at a restaurant, a private residence, or just walking down some slippery steps, what may seem like a minor accident at the time may lead to serious medical and financial concerns. After a slip and fall incident, it would be prudent to consider your legal options by consulting a Pennsylvania personal injury attorney.
Injuries that are caused by slip and fall accidents vary in range from minor bruises to broken bones to traumatic brain injuries. Many slip and fall injuries are completely preventable, and are therefore grounds for personal injury claims. Some causes of slip and falls are listed below:
- Wet or Uneven Floor Surfaces: This causes over half of the slip and fall accidents in the U.S. each year. Some examples of this category are cluttered floors, loose floorboards, holes/potholes, broken concrete, torn carpet, loose staircases, newly cleaned floors. Property owners should always be aware of these situations and work to remedy quickly.
- Adverse Weather Conditions: These are caused by rain, snow, and ice. While the weather is uncontrollable, engaging in safety procedures is completely within the control of property owners and should be done for the protection of property visitors. If a slip and fall accident occurs and the property owner neglected weather safety protocols, they could be held responsible for the victim’s injuries.
- Nursing Home Neglect: Improper care in nursing homes can cause slip and fall accidents, especially due to seniors suffering from a decreased sense of balance. Since falls are more serious or life threatening for many elderly people, it is unreasonable that many nursing home administrators and staff do not adequately assist and monitor residents to prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Improper Footwear: Nearly a quarter of all slip and fall accidents are caused by improper footwear, according to the National Floor Safety Institute. The biggest risk is encountered when shoes do not offer the right amount and type of traction.
- Improper or Insufficient Training: Many slip and fall accidents occur in the workplace, especially in the construction industry, due to improper training or from improper tools provided. These types of falls are easily preventable. If those two responsibilities are not met, employers or contractors could be held responsible for the damages caused by injuries.
To learn more about the personal injury lawsuit process and important deadlines for filing an injury claim, please click on the link below.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents in Pennsylvania
Spear Greenfield is dedicated to protecting personal injury victims who have been injured in a variety of premises liability accidents. In order to provide you more information focused on your specific injury, browse some of the specific slip and fall accident cases that Spear Greenfield handles, which are listed below.
- Apartment accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- SEPTA station accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Supermarket accidents
- Stairwell accidents
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
A slip and fall involves an individual slipping, tripping, or falling on someone else’s property and suffering an injury. An accident claim is filed when the injuries from the slip and fall are a result of a hazardous condition that should have been attended to by the property owner or manager. These slip and fall accident claims are complex, because a claim requires proving multiple elements with supporting evidence.
For the reasons mentioned above, it is important to consult with a Pennsylvania slip and fall accident lawyer if you have suffered injuries on someone else’s property and wish to file a claim for legal compensation. Some other reasons to consult with an attorney for a slip and fall case include:
- Involving a slip and fall accident attorney will capture the attention of the property owner.
- An attorney has experience and resources helpful for proving liability in a slip and fall accident case.
- A personal injury attorney has experience in navigating the proof of damages in a slip and fall case.
Your slip and fall case most likely checks at least one of the three reasons above, so click below to schedule a free appointment! With no obligation, hidden fees, or pressure, this appointment will allow our legal team to evaluate your case and educate you on your legal actions.
Successfully Evaluating a Personal Injury Attorney
If you suffered injuries from a slip and fall accident in Pennsylvania, it is important that you contact an experienced personal injury lawyer for at least an initial consultation. An attorney’s expertise, knowledge, and resources will help you prove that property owner’s negligence caused your accident and injuries. Hiring a personal injury attorney offers the best chance at receiving compensation. When choosing a slip and fall attorney, there are some questions that you should ask each potential candidate before making your decision.
- Have you handled my type of case before?
- How successful have you been with cases like mine?
- Have you ever been accused of attorney misconduct?
- What are the likely outcomes of my case?
- What is your strategy for my case?
- How will you keep in touch with me?
- What fees will I be charged?
- What do I have to do to help you with my case?
To learn more about the initial evaluation of a Pennsylvania slip and fall attorney and the information to prepare before your initial consultation with a lawyer, please click on the link below.
Why Choose Spear Greenfield?
When pursuing a lawsuit related to a slip and fall injury, the two complexities you must consider are the complexity of proving negligence and the intricacies related to filing a personal injury claim. Spear Greenfield has numerous attorneys with substantial experience handling slip and fall cases. The attorneys at Spear Greenfield understand the nuances of these cases including statutes of limitations, which mean you have a limited timeframe in which you can legally file a lawsuit. Below are just a few of the reasons to consider Spear Greenfield for your auto accident needs!
- We offer a team of experienced trial attorneys that will not sell you short! The majority of our lawyers have taken cases from the beginning all the way to a jury verdict.
- The Spear Greenfield law firm prioritizes clients first by diligently working through your case and relentlessly fighting for the highest awarded money either through settlement or trial.
- Our law firm has assembled a team of attorneys who are comfortable enough to guide clients through the personal injury case process but meticulous enough to attend to all the necessary details of that process.
Please click below to learn more about Spear Greenfield and the aspects that separate us from other Philadelphia law firms.
Personal Injury Verdicts
The following summary of recent slip and fall verdicts and settlements demonstrates our proven track record.
- $175,000.00 – Stairwell fall from defective handrail
- $115,000.00 – Malfunctioning automatic doors due to negligent maintenance
- $105,000.00 – Slip and Fall from wet floor
- $80,500.00 – Slip and fall from icy steps
- $75,000.00 – Slip and fall from icy sidewalk
- $325,000.00 – Fall from porch due to negligent maintenance
If you or your loved one have fallen victim to one of the above types of slip and fall accidents, you may be entitled to seek compensation for the damages you sustained. With a free initial consultation, you have nothing to lose by reaching out for more information. Work with Rand Spear and the Team at Spear Greenfield to have a team of experienced slip and fall attorneys behind you!