Personal Injury Compensation in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Damage compensation comes in the form of financial awards for victims suffering from injuries or other compensable losses. Common types of noneconomic damages include pain and suffering, emotional distress and loss of consortium. Long-term disability is another kind of noneconomic damage.
While economic damages typically help restore an injured person’s financial situation, noneconomic damages account for physical pain, emotional suffering, distress and other issues related to their accident.
Some of the specific types of compensation include:
- Medical bills: Compensation for medical bills includes both past and future charges. Physical therapy fees, surgeries, office visits, disability costs and other treatment charges are among the damages a victim can recover.
- Lost wages: A personal injury can cause a victim to miss work. This time off may affect their ability to earn a salary and pay living expenses. Almost every personal injury judgment or settlement reimburses lost wages.
- Loss of future earnings: When injuries cause disabilities or long-term health damages, a victim might not have the ability to work in their field of expertise. If this occurs, the victim can request compensation for lost future earnings.
- Property damage: This includes costs to repair the victim’s car. The total value of the vehicle is recoverable if it is a complete loss. Losses can extend to items inside the car during the accident, including cell phones, computers and other personal belongings.
- Pain and suffering: This is the primary form of noneconomic damage. This type of compensation covers intangible factors, including distress, suffering and emotional and physical pain.
- Punitive damages: You may be entitled to this type of compensation when an injury results from someone else’s negligent behavior.
Spear Greenfield’s Verdicts & Settlements
Spear Greenfield law firm will prioritize you as a client by carefully working through the details of your case and tirelessly fighting to get you the highest amount of awarded money possible, either through settlement or trial.
Over the years, our firm has assembled a skilled team of attorneys who are passionate about helping personal injury clients. As you will see below in a summary of some of our recent verdicts and settlements, Rand Spear and the Spear Greenfield legal team are in it to win it!