Vehicle collisions are frightening and painful and can leave you with serious concerns about your future. Emotions can run high if the crash was caused by a negligent driver practicing either dangerous or distracted driving.
At Rand Spear Law, we understand that car accidents can have a devastating impact on your life. We are dedicated to helping our clients receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering resulting from their injuries. Our attorneys will investigate all aspects of the crash to determine liability, review evidence of negligence, and explore any potential third-party claims.
It is important to explore your legal options by speaking with a Pennsylvania car accident attorney with the Rand Spear Law Firm. We will guide you through the legal process and help you to maximize the compensation you recover for the damages.
The Pennsylvania car accident lawyers of Rand Spear understand the burdens you carry following a crash. Our team is here to coordinate your necessary medical care, assist in collecting critical evidence, and secure the financial compensation you deserve.
We protect accident victims throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our attorneys have over 200 years of combined experience representing those who negligent drivers have seriously injured.
We can handle your insurance claim, take care of all communications and legal documentation, and negotiate to improve the payout you receive. Our firm has guided numerous clients through the legal process and helped recover significant compensation on their behalf.
Car Accidents We Regularly Handle
When speaking with your Pennsylvania auto accident attorney, understanding the type of crash that happened is important. The common types of car collisions are listed below.
- Rear-end collisions: These tend to occur when a driver is not paying attention and hits the car in front of them. In this type of crash, the car that is rear-ended is rarely at fault.
- Low-speed collisions: This type of crash usually does not occur on roads but in locations such as parking lots. It usually comes in the form of one car backing into another.
- T-bone collisions: These incidents occur at intersections when one driver runs through a traffic light or stop sign at the same time as another driver is crossing, causing them to collide.
- Single-car collisions: These collisions happen when a driver slides off the road, usually a result of icy or dangerous road conditions, and hits a fixed object on the side of the road.
No matter the traffic accident type, you may suffer from physical, emotional, or financial damages afterward. It is important to at least have an initial conversation with a car accident injury lawyer. This will arm you with the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision.
Typical Injuries We Claim in Car Accident Cases
Car accidents can lead to serious physical and emotional injuries that can have long-term effects on victims. The type of injury sustained depends on the severity and circumstances of the crash, but several common types of claims arise from such cases.
Common injuries include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Lacerations and scarring
- Facial and dental injuries
Injuries can be severe and require significant time to heal. Your pain and the impact on your life should be considered and treated. Your Pennsylvania car accident attorney can work to ensure that you get the medical care and testing you need.
What Can a Lawyer Do for My Claim?
The negligent driver can be held responsible through a personal injury lawsuit. This lawsuit relies on the injured party satisfying the burden of proof by showing the crash and injuries sustained were a direct result of the liable driver’s poor behavior.
Police reports, medical documentation of the injuries, pictures of the scene, and any witness testimonials are all forms of evidence that can be helpful in satisfying the burden of proof.
The legal process has numerous steps, meticulous documentation, and strict deadlines, which are generally simplified through the involvement of a car accident lawyer in Pennsylvania. An attorney guarantees your interests are represented, gathers critical evidence, and works to build a solid case.
A personal injury lawyer with our firm can:
- Provide legal advice and keep you informed of the progress of your claim
- Gather evidence such as toxicology reports, witness statements, traffic camera footage
- Conduct all communications with the insurance adjusters and opposing lawyers
- Manage your legal calendar to ensure that all legal deadlines are met
- File all necessary documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance company representatives or defendant counsel to improve your settlement
- Build a case and represent you in court if necessary
How Long do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Pennsylvania?
The statute of limitations that will apply to an automobile accident lawsuit in Pennsylvania is the same as the larger one that covers most personal injury cases, as in most other states.
According to 42 Pennsylvania Statutes section 5524, a claim must be filed within two years after the alleged offense. In other words, if a driver, passenger, motorcyclist, bicyclist, or pedestrian was hurt in a collision, the injury victim or other interested parties must file a case within two years.
Certain circumstances may shorten or lengthen this time frame from a legal standpoint. This is why it is so important to contact a Pennsylvania auto accident lawyer to preserve your right to claim.
Benefits of Working with a Car Accident Lawyer
Personal injury law firms deal with these types of claims every day. We understand the legal process involved when pursuing injury claims. We also serve as a valuable resource by answering our clients’ questions and navigating all the details.
By serving as a trusted legal representative, we can remove the burden from your shoulders and allow you to focus on getting your life back to normal. We will keep your best interests in mind throughout the process, from the initial consultation until the case resolution.
The advantages of choosing us to serve as your legal counsel include:
Protection from Insurance Company Tactics
While insurance companies attempt to position themselves as the policyholder’s friend, they aim to minimize your claim payout.
We understand the various tactics the insurance company employs to reduce or deny claims outright. Your Pennsylvania car accident lawyer will be able to defend your claim and protect your right to collect fair compensation.
Pursuing Legal Action
While negotiating a settlement with the insurance company is often the best course of action, it may become necessary to go to trial to attain a more favorable outcome.
Our years of experience help us determine the better path to pursue in your situation. If going to court is the better option, we’ll provide the aggressive legal representation you deserve.
Uninsured Motorist Claims
We know how to handle uninsured motorist situations: What happens if you’re involved in a crash with a driver with no or not enough car insurance? Your attorney will pursue the most viable strategies to collect payment on your behalf.
Your personal injury attorney will simplify the complex legal process, regardless of the size or scope of your case.
What Happens in the Initial Consultation?
This meeting will allow a Pennsylvania car accident lawyer to evaluate your case and guide you through your legal options. There is no pressure this meeting carries no obligation or hidden fees, just knowledge and insights into your case. We can discuss the specifics of your claim and help you understand what actions you can take.
Why Choose Rand Spear?
After most collisions, all involved parties will protect their own interests, whether it is the insurance company or the negligent driver, so you need to ensure someone is fighting on your behalf. Our firm has represented countless injured victims and helped them to get the results they needed and deserved.
We care about our clients and want to ensure their physical, financial, and emotional recovery following an auto accident. For this reason, our firm will dedicate time, staff, and resources to your case. We are not afraid to take a case to trial if that decision increases the compensation for our clients.
In short, our team strives for nothing less than maximum compensation.
Additional reasons to choose Rand Spear include:
- Our work ethic: As mentioned above, our car accident attorneys in Pennsylvania have championed protecting the seriously injured for over 30 years, which is displayed by our work ethic and meticulousness dedicated to each case.
- Our commitment: We recognize our commitment to each client is the bedrock of our law firm. When joining the Rand Spear family, you become family to us, which makes obtaining the largest settlement for your claim first priority.
- Our resources: Our firm rarely labels a case as too big or too small. Every injury case will be allocated the resources necessary to earn a favorable verdict or settlement. Our firm’s Pennsylvania car accident injury attorneys will accept cases that other lawyers will not.
- Our determination: Auto insurance companies respect Rand Spear, because we relentlessly fight for your justice. We fight to ensure that you don’t accept an undervalued settlement.
Types of Car Accident Injury Compensation
Since a car accident can drastically change a victim’s life, sufferers can receive compensation in various forms. Even if a victim does not sustain any visible physical injuries, there still could be a possibility of severe psychological harm. Here is an overview of the different types of damages you can claim:
- Medical bills: Compensation for medical bills includes past and future expenses relevant to the incident, including surgeries, physical therapy, office visits, disability costs, and assisted living.
- Pain and suffering: This type of compensation covers intangible losses associated with physical pain and emotional suffering.
- Lost wages: Lost wages cover wages lost due to missed work. Victims can also earn compensation if an injury prevents them from working in their preferred field in the future.
- Property damage: This compensation involves the repairs needed for a car or its full value if the car is totaled. Victims can also recover costs for personal items from the car ,like phones, laptops, and other valuables.
- Non-economic damages: Other non-economic damages may include compensation for scarring and disfigurement, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, or loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages provide additional compensation to victims in extreme cases. You may be entitled to this compensation if the circumstances surrounding the incident involve gross negligence or illegal activity.
Your car accident attorney in Pennsylvania can help you understand the damages to which you’re entitled and fight for the maximum compensatory damages to be paid out in your claim. We can review your case and help you determine the best course of action to pursue.
Contact a Car Accident Law Firm in Pennsylvania, to Learn More Today
If you were seriously injured in a collision, enlisting an attorney who will listen to your needs and work hard to represent your best interests is important. Our Pennsylvania car accident lawyers will provide you with the personalized attention you deserve after a serious crash.
Contact Rand Spear to learn more about how we can guide you through the legal process and earn you maximum compensation.
Our team of experienced attorneys has the knowledge and resources to handle all types of car accident cases in Pennsylvania. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest level of legal representation and will take time to listen to your story and understand the nuances of your case.