Automobile accidents happen every day in Trenton, NJ. These crashes cause people to get hurt or killed. If you suffer losses in a car collision caused by someone else, partner with a Trenton personal injury lawyer to file a claim against the at-fault party.
For those in need of a Trenton car accident lawyer, Demand Rand. Our attorney will learn about your case and explain your legal options. To get started, please reach out to us.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Trenton
Automobile accidents happen when a driver is negligent. If you are involved in a car crash, a negligent driver may be responsible. There are many reasons why a driver will cause an auto accident, and these include:
- Reckless Driving: A driver who ignores the rules of the road will travel through red lights or stop signs or make other mistakes that can lead to accidents.
- Speeding: When a driver travels faster than the posted speed limit, they may not be able to stop quickly enough to prevent a crash.
- Tailgating: A tailgating accident is likely to happen if a driver is traveling too closely behind a car and the other motorist suddenly presses down on the brake pedal.
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way: It is a driver’s responsibility to yield the right of way at certain intersections and crossings, and failing to do so can lead to a collision.
- Distracted Driving: If a driver looks down at their phone or GPS system or gets distracted in any other way, they may not be able to stop their car in time to prevent a crash.
- Fatigued Driving: When a driver has been behind the wheel for many hours, they can lose focus, to the point where they can cause a fatigued driving accident.
- Changing Lanes Without Looking: If a driver does not look in their blind spots when they are moving from one lane to the next, they can crash their car into another vehicle.
These represent just a few of the reasons why automobile crashes happen. A car accident attorney in Trenton, NJ, will take a look at your crash and find out who is responsible. They will also explain how much your case is worth and the types of damages you may be able to get.
Damages You Can Receive in a Trenton Car Accident Lawsuit
A Trenton car accident attorney will teach you about general and special damages. Most car crash victims request both types of losses. In some instances, auto accident victims receive punitive damages, but only in cases involving conduct that is willful, wanton, or malicious.
General damages refer to losses that cannot be quantified, such as loss of enjoyment of life and emotional distress. Special damages are losses that can be measured, such as lost earnings and medical bills. Both types of damages represent the losses an injured victim suffers due to an at-fault party’s negligence.
Rand Spear The Accident Lawyer understands the different types of damages that you can pursue in an auto crash lawsuit. Our car accident lawyer in Trenton, NJ, will calculate your losses and go over other case basics with you. For more information, please get in touch with us.
Trenton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (215) 985-2424
Why You Should Retain a Trenton Auto Accident Lawyer
Retaining a Trenton auto accident attorney gives you access to a legal advocate. You can also take advantage of attorney-client privilege and attorney-client confidentiality. The communications you have with your lawyer are protected and remain confidential.
Being represented by counsel can help you feel confident about your overall legal strategy. Your lawyer will perform a case assessment that accounts for your claim’s strengths and weaknesses. From here, your attorney will provide you with the tools you need to seek financial compensation for your injuries.
Your attorney establishes realistic expectations for your case, too. If you are unsure about what to do at different points during your litigation, your attorney will help you out. They will teach you about the legal process and help you make informed decisions at each stage of your litigation.
How to Use Evidence to Support Your Car Crash Lawsuit
Evidence helps you substantiate your legal claims. Photographs, video recordings, and witness statements will benefit your case. You should do everything within your power to gather evidence that will compel a judge or jury to rule in your favor.
The opposing counsel in your lawsuit may send accident reconstruction experts to the site of the car collision. If this happens, you will need to counter the experts’ findings and any other evidence that the defendant will try to use against you. However, if you have a wealth of evidence to support your lawsuit, you are well-positioned to get compensation.
Your attorney evaluates evidence and helps you determine the best way to present it to a judge or jury. Each piece of evidence you use is critical to getting the verdict or settlement you want. Your lawyer considers evidence carefully and ensures it helps show that the defendant was fully responsible for your crash and should be required to pay damages.
What to Do Before Your Car Accident Trial
Your attorney understands what to do — and what not to do — to strengthen your case. They provide legal tips leading up to your trial. These tips often include:
- Treat your injuries: Do not forgo medical treatment, follow your doctor’s orders, and track your medical records.
- Avoid posting content on social media: Do not publish any photos or videos relating to your accident or any injuries you suffered on social media, since the defendant in your lawsuit may use whatever you post against you.
- Consider settlement offers: If the defendant offers a settlement, review it with your attorney, and you and your lawyer can decide if it is in your best interests to move forward with it.
Your lawyer explains what will happen when you bring your case to trial. They will discuss the trial process and answer any questions you have about it. That way, you will be able to enter the courtroom feeling calm, cool, and collected and ready to put your best foot forward.
Hire a Trenton Car Crash Lawyer
Rand Spear The Accident Lawyer has helped clients get more than $750 million in damages. Our team has more than 200 years of combined legal experience and is here to help you secure compensation in your auto accident lawsuit. To find out more or get a free case evaluation, please contact us today.