It’s often only after something devastating happens that people realize their need for an attorney. When someone experiences being thrown into legal proceedings or they want to pursue compensation for damages suffered due to a serious injury, they soon realize the importance of having a skilled and knowledgeable legal representative. Due to the complexities that come with a Medical Malpractice case, hiring a medical malpractice attorney is the first step you should consider.
There are many benefits to having a medical malpractice attorney for representation when you have been injured due to the negligence of a medical professional. The list could go on and on. However, for this post, we will concentrate on just ten of the most important reasons you need a medical malpractice attorney for your case.
- Knowing the value of your case. Without experience in the medical malpractice arena, you may have uninformed expectations. You may think that your case is worth far too much, or worse, far too little. A medical malpractice attorney will have the knowledge and experience to know how to negotiate the best settlement for your injuries and needs, while maximizing the chances of a successful claim.
- Handling insurance companies. It can be intimidating dealing with insurance companies. They know how to manipulate what you say and do in favor of their clients. Their goal isn’t to help you, but rather to protect their clients and make money for themselves. Medical malpractice lawyers know how to handle correspondence from insurance companies, and they know what should and shouldn’t be said to insurers.
- Dealing with the paperwork. A medical malpractice claim involves a seemingly endless amount of paperwork. It’s often filled with legal and medical jargon that may be difficult to understand for the everyday person. Attorneys are used to dealing with both the quantity and content of this paperwork.
- Preventing mistakes. Most people do not have experience filing medical malpractice claims. Without those skills, you are more likely to make mistakes. When you have an experienced legal team working on your claim, it will prevent those mistakes from happening.
- Negotiating the settlement for the best outcome. While you may have an idea of what you should settle for, if a settlement is possible, you probably don’t have the negotiating skills that a medical malpractice attorney acquires from experience.
- Speeding up the claims process. Attorneys have more influence in keeping your claim on track and moving forward. In fact, they make that a priority, so you get results in a timeframe that better meets your needs.
- Litigating your case at trial. While many medical malpractice claims are settled, there is always a possibility that your case will go to court to be heard in front of a judge or jury. The success of your case at this point may hang on the ability to expertly argue points. Attorneys know how to do this best.
- Valuing your time. A medical malpractice lawsuit is typically complicated, tedious, and time-consuming. There is endless paperwork, investigation, consulting with expert witnesses, and trial preparation to manage. By hiring a lawyer, you will save your time and allow yourself to recover from your injuries.
- Finding resources. Most medical malpractice claims require the use of investigators and expert witnesses. You probably don’t have these types of connections, but attorneys have a variety of them. When you hire a medical malpractice attorney, you are also enlisting the help of their resources.
- Having an advocate on your side. Perhaps the best reason to hire a medical malpractice attorney is having a constant, knowledgeable, trustworthy, caring ally in your corner. Your attorney is one person who will always have your best interests in mind as your case proceeds. He or she will provide you with support and guidance throughout your case. When you hire the right lawyer, you will have a constant advocate on your side.
Rand Spear Can Help You with Your Medical Malpractice Claim
If you or your loved one has been injured by a medical provider or health care professional, medical malpractice lawyer Rand Spear, can help you proceed with your claim. You can see that having an experienced legal advocate is in your best interests and will result in the most favorable outcome for your case. Let Rand Spear advocate for you. Contact his law offices today for your free consultation and case review.
Medical Malpractice Attorney Rand Spear
Two Penn Center Plaza, Suite 200
1500 J.F.K. Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Prior results cannot and do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future case. Recoveries always depend upon the facts and circumstances of each case, the injuries suffered, damages incurred, and the responsibility of those involved. This article is not to be considered advise, only the execution of the contingency agreement with this law firm will constitute an attorney-client relationship. The contents of this article are for general information only. If you would like to pursue a claim, please contact an attorney immediately to discuss your specific facts and circumstances regarding your claim. Some cases accepted by this law firm may be referred to or worked on by other lawyers, depending on the area of practice and specifics of a particular case.