Travel has revolutionized with the introduction of rideshare options, such as Uber and Lyft. These rideshares offer a more personal style of transportation as compared to public transit and a more comfortable journey versus traditional taxi cabs. However, this transportation evolution raises concerns because you are relinquishing control and placing your safety into the hands of a rideshare driver.
If an accident occurs, where does the responsibility fall, the rideshare driver or the transportation company? These types of questions highlight the importance of considering legal options following an injury in a Lyft accident. The Rand Spear legal team will tackle any questions related to a rideshare accident because the attorney team has over 200 years of combined experience representing personal injury clients.
Ask for your free consultation with a Pennsylvania car accident lawyer online or via phone with Rand Spear the Accident Lawyer today. We promise there is no obligation, pressure, or hidden fees, just guidance.
Exploring Your Legal Options After an Uber Accident
When a Lyft ride goes wrong because of driver negligence, accident victims have the right to seek legal action and compensation for their injuries. You have the option to file a claim against the driver and hold them responsible for their behavior. A skilled Pennsylvania or New Jersey Lyft accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process.
The Rand Spear law firm is composed of an experienced legal team that will help secure your vital medical care and get the damages you deserve. Our Lyft accident lawyers have advised many victims through the filing process.
Benefits of Working with Our Lyft Accident Lawyers
Experienced ride-booking injury lawyers understand the legalities involved in ride-hailing accidents. When you are facing uncertainty, fear, and pain, having an attorney on your side is a relief. Like those at Rand Spear, knowledgeable attorneys can answer your questions and completely manage your case for you. As a result, you can concentrate on taking care of yourself and getting better.
Exploring Your Legal Options After an Uber Accident
When a Lyft ride goes wrong because of driver negligence, accident victims have the right to seek legal action and compensation for their injuries. You have the option to file a claim against the driver and hold them responsible for their behavior. A skilled Pennsylvania or New Jersey ride-hailing accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process.
The Rand Spear law firm is composed of an experienced legal team that will help secure your vital medical care and get the damages you deserve. Our Lyft accident lawyers have advised many victims through the filing process. There are many advantages to retaining an experienced attorney.
Advantages of working with a Lyft accident lawyer include:
- They handle the insurance companies: Insurance companies want to pay you as little as possible to settle the claim and do not have your best interests at heart. Your Rand Spear attorney will interact with the insurance company for you so you’re not under pressure to accept a lower payout.
- They manage communications with the ride-hailing provider: Accidents with ride-booking drivers may involve more than one insurance company and the attorneys for Lyft. Your legal representative will handle the communications between all parties, so you don’t have to.
- They negotiate for you: Bargaining with corporations can be complex. Our experienced attorneys have the negotiation skills to capture higher payouts that meet your changing financial needs.
- They present your case to the court when necessary: If good-faith negotiations end without resolution, taking the case to a judge or jury is the next step. When that happens, your Rand Spear attorney will present your claim before the court in the best possible light to persuade a better reward.
It is always best to involve an experienced Lyft and Uber accident attorney at the beginning. They make the process simpler for you by handling the paperwork, documentation, and deadlines based on experience. Learn more about the benefits of Lyft accident attorney involvement by clicking the button below.
Top Causes of Lyft Accidents
Just like any other motor vehicle accident that occurs in Philadelphia, there are a wide range of reasons that the accident may have taken place. When drivers get behind the wheel, they are legally obligated to pay attention and drive safely. A Lyft driver can cause a serious accident if they do not.
Negligent drivers are one of the primary causes of car accidents countrywide. While this is a significant factor, it can combine with other dangerous actions to make the situation worse. Other risky behaviors that can lead to Lyft accidents may include:
Texting and driving
Disobeying red lights and traffic signs
Collect contact and insurance information from other parties involved.
Driving after drinking or using drugs
Driving recklessly or speeding
Driving while distracted
Driving while overly tired
Driving in bad weather or conditions with limited visibility
To learn more about the basics of personal injury cases, including a simplified blueprint of the legal process, click on the link below.
Common Injuries to Sue for After a Lyft Accident
In a Lyft, Uber, or other rideshare accident, those involved may be affected by multiple types of injuries. Car accident injuries can range from minor to severe. The most common injuries include:
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Sprains, strains, bruises, and other soft tissue injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Eye injuries
- Neck or back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
- Head injuries
- Lost limbs
- Paralysis and spinal cord damage
If you are unsure about your damages and if they will stand in court, our team can consult with you to help. We will evaluate your damages and determine if you have a case and what compensation you may be entitled to receive. Understanding that these situations can cause significant emotional and physical trauma, we strive to be a comforting presence throughout the consultation process.
What to Expect After a Lyft Accident
When you are injured in an accident caused by a Lyft, or another rideshare driver, it is critical to document everything you can in the direct aftermath of the accident. First, make sure to report the incident to the police. Be sure to keep any communications between you and the driver, such as taking screenshots of any strange messages and company responses.
Also, it is important to photograph your injuries and the scene of the accident. Pictures can help tell the story of what you have suffered. Finally, collect contact information and testimonials from all involved parties and witnesses.
Some steps to avoid following an accident include not speaking directly to the rideshare driver, representatives at the rideshare company, or any insurance company. These contacts may not have your best interests prioritized. Also, it is beneficial to avoid posting anything related to the accident on social media, as this may hurt your case.
Recoverable Damages After a Lyft Accident
When you have sustained loss, damages, or injuries in a ride-booking service accident, you deserve compensation. There are multiple benefits you can claim. Working with a personal injury attorney in Philadelphia helps you fully explore options that Pennsylvania law makes insurance companies pay for. These expenses include:
Medical costs for injury treatment
Money to repair or replace your vehicle
Your lost wages from work absences
Other coverage that applies to you or the auto you were in when the collision occurred
To learn more about the legal process and partnering with Spear Greenfield as your Uber or Lyft accident attorneys, click on the link below.
Damages can be tangible or intangible. Tangible damages can be calculated by adding up the expenses incurred, like medical bills or property damage. However, intangible damages involve placing a value on pain and suffering. To learn more about the legal process and partnering with Rand Spear as your Lyft accident attorney, click on the link below.
Why You Should Choose Rand Spear, the Accident Lawyer
When you partner with Rand Spear the Accident Lawyer as your Lyft accident attorney, you set yourself up for success. You will benefit from our:
- Convenience: We live and work in the same communities as you do. You will find our offices in locations throughout the area, including Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, and Marlton.
- Experience: The attorneys at Rand Spear boast over 200 years of collective experience. As a result, we draw on each other’s knowledge and perspectives for a comprehensive team approach that allows us to build solid claims and achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- Advocacy: Our goal is simple: to protect victims of personal injury accidents in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our experienced team has the legal knowledge and skill to pursue remedies through negotiation and litigation, with your best interests at the forefront.
- Respect: We have earned the respect of peers, clients, and even corporations as a determined fighter for client rights. Companies throughout the area know who we are, that we don’t give in to pressure tactics, and that we will not hesitate to go to bat for our clients to get the biggest payouts.
- Results: Rand Spear has an impressive track record of personal injury verdicts and settlements. We have secured a nearly $3 million verdict for one car accident victim and collected more than half a billion in total awards.
Demand Rand, and Connect with a Proven Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
Hold negligent Lyft drivers and other at-fault parties accountable. Demand the compensation you are owed.
Contact Rand Spear the Accident Lawyer, for a 100% free consultation. You can reach us through our online contact form or by phone to take advantage of this opportunity.
Lyft Accident FAQ
When considering your options for pursuing a legal case, you may have many questions and concerns about the process. We’ve put together some top questions our clients have to help address your considerations.
Do You Need an Attorney to Help You Seek Fair Compensation After a Lyft Accident?
Having an attorney is critical to helping you receive fair compensation for the physical and emotional damages an accident causes. The SEPTA system has a range of resources and claims investigators to represent the person or entity at fault, so you will need the right expertise to represent your interests.
Can You Be Banned from the Lyft App if You Make a Claim Against a Driver?
Many clients worry about the ramifications of bringing a claim against a Lyft driver. However, when you work with your Lyft accident lawyer to make a valid claim for damages, you will not receive any penalty.
Rideshare companies’ goal is to ensure riders are safe and provide reliable services. They may help to resolve the situation if you are a victim of an accident.
Are Drivers Required to Have Personal Auto Insurance?
Rideshare companies require drivers to have insurance so that you have coverage during your rideshare experience. Additionally, they can provide separate coverage to protect passengers. Your Lyft accident attorneys will work with you and relevant insurance companies to help you find a resolution for your claim.
Do Rideshare Drivers Have Unique Driving Requirements?
While most of us face distractions while driving, rideshare drivers face a unique set of problems. They often travel to unfamiliar areas, which can lead to needless mistakes. They must also listen to and watch their phone for necessary updates. Regardless of these requirements, they must drive safely.
Who Is Liable After a Lyft Accident?
Anyone who was involved in your accident and may have contributed to your injuries can be liable. However, the responsible parties may not be readily evident, as rideshare companies classify drivers as independent contractors.
Different precedents across the court may cause conflict and complications in determining who is responsible. When you work with a rideshare accident attorney, we can monitor changing laws and decisions on your behalf. We’ll help you determine the best course of action for your specific situation.
You can seek compensation for negligence on the part of several different parties, including:
- The rideshare driver
- A relevant government agency
- The driver of another vehicle involved in the accident
- A pedestrian
- A cyclist
- The operating transit company
- The vehicle manufacturer, who may be responsible for an equipment defect
What Should You Do if the Rideshare Driver or a Company Representative Contacts You?
If you receive any form of contact from an insurance company, the rideshare driver, or a rideshare company representative, do not engage with questions or solicitations. Instead, direct any inquiries to your lawyers to avoid compromising your case.
How Long Do You Have to File Your Lyft Accident Lawsuit?
The amount of time you have to file a Lyft accident claim will depend on where your accident occurred. For example, if your Lyft accident happened in the state of New Jersey, you will have up to two years from the day your accident occurred to file your lawsuit.
However, it is not only the statute of limitations that limits how long you have to file a claim. You may have as few as 48 hours after the accident if you are filing a claim with the insurance company. If your lawsuit or insurance claim is not filed before these deadlines pass, you will lose out on compensation you might have otherwise recovered.
When Is Lyft’s Auto Insurance Coverage Active?
There are specific times when Lyft’s auto insurance coverage is in effect. If the accident happens outside of these times, you may need to file a claim against the Lyft driver’s personal auto insurance policy or your own no-fault insurance coverage. These coverage times include:
- When the Lyft driver is logged into the app
- When the Lyft driver is waiting to pick up a passenger
- When the Lyft driver is transporting a passenger
What Does Lyft’s $1,000,000 Auto Insurance Policy Cover?
Lyft’s $1 million auto insurance policy covers the following:
- A $2500 deductible
- $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury liability coverage
- $1 million in uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage
- $25,000 per accident in property damage liability coverage