Making Sense of a Taxi Accident in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
When using a taxi, passengers trust that the drivers will get them to their destinations safely. However, many passengers are injured in taxi accidents every year and sustain very serious and life-impacting injuries. Unfortunately, many of these accidents may have been avoided, because they were caused by another party’s negligence.
If you or a loved one have suffered a taxi accident, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options. Request a free online or phone consultation with the Spear Greenfield legal team. This initial conversation lets us learn more about your accident and provide you with your legal options. Talking with our taxi accident lawyers presents no obligation or pressure, just honest advice.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR LEGAL OPTIONS AFTER A TAXI ACCIDENT
After suffering the physical, emotional, and financial struggles following a taxi accident caused by another driver’s negligence, the injured party might think about legal action to get justice. The first step of this legal process is filing a personal injury claim to hold a negligent driver accountable for causing injuries. From that step, a taxi accident attorney helps you through the rest.
The experienced taxi and limousine lawyers at Spear Greenfield are here to help you from the first consultation to the trial process if necessary. Our vehicle accident law firm will ensure all of the details related to your lawsuit are handled, including connecting you with essential medical care, collecting police reports, contacting witnesses, and meeting deadlines. We proudly serve victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and we have years of experience recovering taxi accident compensation for those who need it most. Allow Spear Greenfield’s taxi accident lawyers to guide you through this complex process.
CAUSES OF TAXI ACCIDENTS
There are various causes of taxi crashes in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In many of these accidents, passengers are injured due to driver negligence. Additionally, sometimes pedestrians, bicycles, or other motor vehicles are also involved in taxicab accidents. Some causes for cab crashes are listed below:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless or careless driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Failure to heed to traffic signs and signals
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Using a mobile device while driving
- Dangerous weather & road conditions
- Poor visibility
The Process of Determining Liability in a PA or NJ Taxi Crash
For cab drivers, determining liability depends on the structure of the taxi company and how the accident happened. Different taxi companies are modeled in different ways. Sometimes, taxicab drivers own or rent their vehicles. In other cases, the taxi company owns the vehicle and the driver is employed by the company. If the taxi driver caused the accident, their liability is usually determined by their relationship with the taxi company. If a taxi driver owns their vehicle, they are usually responsible for any damages incurred. If the driver rents the vehicle from a cab company, there is a chance both the driver and the company can be held liable. Sometimes, a taxi company may qualify for sole liability if the company owns the vehicle and employed the driver.
AVAILABLE COMPENSATION AFTER A TAXI ACCIDENT
There are different ways an injured party can recover taxi accident compensation. Through a personal injury lawsuit, the negligent party may owe the individual compensation for damages incurred due to the taxi accident. This can include the following:
Pain and suffering
Additionally, the state of New Jersey is a no-fault state, which means that it provides victims of automobile accidents with Personal Injury Protection (PIP). PIP is no-fault insurance that provides coverage for medical bills and lost earnings under their own coverage or against the insurer of the taxi or limousine company.
Advantages of Partnering With Experienced Taxi Accident Lawyers
The claims process following an accident can be challenging to navigate. Paperwork is complex and must meet rigid deadlines. Plus, a solid case requires attention to detail and abundant documentation. You need an advocate with legal expertise to represent your best interests.
A seasoned taxi and limousine lawyer helps guide clients through this rigorous process by:
- Communicating with the insurance providers: The insurance companies have one goal — to get you to settle for the least amount possible, no matter whose policy is paying. Your lawyer will prevent the insurance company from pressuring you and talk with the provider on your behalf. Having an attorney on your side ensures you get the settlement you deserve to meet ongoing needs.
- Handling the taxi company: As with the insurance firms, the taxi company works to protect its own interests. It also wants to settle for as little as it can, even if the driver is at fault. Your attorney can interact with the company on your behalf so you can focus on recovery.
- Negotiating for you: The first offer you receive may not be the best offer you can get. Veteran lawyers with shrewd negotiating skills can often get higher settlement amounts than you would on your own. The Spear Greenfield team has the know-how to calculate the true value of your claim so you get the compensation you need.
- Litigating for you when necessary: Sometimes, negotiation doesn’t produce a solution, and cases must proceed. When that happens, you need an experienced attorney to argue your case. Our seasoned legal team has the litigation experience many don’t. As a result, we present your case in the right light for the best outcomes possible.
Working with a taxi accident lawyer from the beginning makes the entire process easier for you. Read more about the legal process and fundamentals of personal injury cases by reviewing our case basics.
WHY CHOOSE SPEAR GREENFIELD?
Spear Greenfield is a New Jersey personal injury law firm that has been handling taxi, limo, and rideshare accident lawsuits for more than 30 years! Due to our unrelenting representation and customer focused service, Spear Greenfield has earned its longevity. We regularly take cases to court in order to obtain the highest possible award for our clients. Here are some more reasons you should consider Spear Greenfield for your auto accident case.
- Our team focuses on making our clients the priority. We thoroughly review every case and advocate tirelessly for the best outcome through negotiation or litigation.
- With Spear Greenfield’s experience, dedication, and resources, our law firm has earned a total of half a billion dollars in compensation. One of our clients was awarded $6.86 million for a fire incident, while another client was awarded $1.1 million for a bus accident. Our goal is always earning you maximum compensation.
- We love what we do, and we give each claim the attention and resources it needs. This means no case is too big or too small for our dynamic law firm. Our legal team handles cases that other taxi and limousine lawyers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania won’t touch, because our goal is to earn justice for clients!
See why Spear Greenfield is different from other firms by learning more about what sets us apart.