Making Sense of a Supermarket Accident
Accidents can happen anywhere, even at a supermarket. If the grounds are not maintained properly by the owner or those responsible for upkeep, supermarkets can become dangerous, and shoppers can become seriously injured as a result. Injuries from a supermarket accident caused by negligence can lead the injured party to consider legal action. In this situation, it’s best to discuss your incident with a personal injury attorney.
Spear Greenfield provides you with a no-cost consultation. During this first meeting, we’ll talk about your case and give you legal advice. The consultation is complimentary, but there is no pressure or obligation, so there is nothing to lose! Schedule your free consultation by calling us at 1-800-90-LEGAL or using our digital form.
What Are My Legal Options Post-Supermarket Accident?
Many victims of supermarket accidents seek compensation for their injuries. Doing so requires establishing proof of the other party’s negligence. The most successful way to do that is through evidence, like photos or videos of unsafe conditions, witness statements, and medical records.
Gathering documentation can prove challenging without the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. At Spear Greenfield, we have a skilled team with the knowledge and tools to collect the evidence on your behalf. Our lawyers draw on over 200 years of group experience to build successful cases for our clients. We’ll advocate for you throughout the process to get you the compensation you deserve and need.
Read through our summary of the steps involved in filing a claim below to learn more about getting started.
Causes of Supermarket Accidents
Supermarkets are not inherently dangerous. However, merchandise, shoppers, shopping carts, and several other variables inside a supermarket can contribute to a serious accident. Many accidents are unfortunately caused by negligence from a store owner or employee. Some of the most common causes of supermarket accidents are listed below:
Poorly placed floor mats
Neglected aisle spills
Falling items from the shelves
Poor parking lot condition
If you have suffered a supermarket accident that was caused by any of these occurrences or from another cause, please consult with a personal injury attorney. This will allow you to access your case and explore your legal options. To learn more about the basics surrounding a personal injury case, please click on the link below.
What Kinds of Compensation Could I Receive?
Personal injury accidents like slips and falls can create many challenges for victims. They may have mental, emotional, and physical issues following their experience. Filing a claim may entitle you to non-financial and financial supermarket accident compensation.
Non-financial items don’t have specific dollar values. They include things like pain and suffering, mental distress, and loss of joy in life. Economic damages have a precise amount, such as lost wages from work and medical care costs.
The most common damages we help our clients recover are:
- Emotional distress.
- Expenses for medical treatment.
- Current and future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering.
Satisfying your burden of proof is a complex process requiring significant attention to detail. At Spear Greenfield, we’re familiar with the nuances of claims filing. We can help you navigate the process with complete paperwork and timely filing to protect your legal rights while you focus on getting better. Understand more about creating a successful claim with our thorough resource below.
Determining Liability and Post-Accident Evidence Collection
For example, In the state of Pennsylvania, all property owners are required to keep their property safe so that visitors are not harmed as a result. For businesses, this involves ownership or management providing staff with the proper training and safety procedures. If the proper safety protocol is not established, shoppers can become injured at the expense of the supermarket. When damages from negligence occur, the injured party can file a lawsuit with a personal injury claim.
As mentioned above, the most effective way to satisfy the burden of proof is with evidence that shows an accident and injuries were a direct result of the supermarket’s failure to provide a safe premises. Evidence that can be helpful to present in court includes:
Pictures of the hazardous conditions
Video of the accident occurring
A store incident report filed at the scene of the accident
Security camera footage
Medical documents or bills regarding your injuries
Witnesses who saw accident
Since documentation is essential to proving your case, follow these steps after experiencing a supermarket accident:
- Directly after the accident, call for help and notify the store owner.
- File an incident report, which a store owner should provide that can be used as proof for a future personal injury claim.
- After filing the report, call the police and seek medical attention from an ambulance or your doctor depending on injury severity.
- After you’ve been treated, ensure you receive medical documentation.
- Schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney, who can discuss your legal options with you.
Involving a personal injury attorney is key to helping you satisfy this burden of proof. Your attorney can more efficiently gather the evidence needed than you may be able to do on your own. Plus, having a law firm handle this for you means you can concentrate on treatment and healing instead.
For more reasons why including an attorney is beneficial, explore our resource below.
Why Should Spear Greenfield Represent Me?
When choosing the right supermarket accident firm for you, you have many considerations. Your claim benefits from our:
- Experienced team: Our attorneys have gathered more than two centuries of experience among them. As a result, you get the expertise and perspective of a seasoned team to handle your claim.
- Client-focused approach: Spear Greenfield clients are the heartbeat of our organization and the focus of everything we do. We fight to protect our neighbors’ rights and secure the best possible outcomes, from negotiating settlements to presenting claims in court.
- Dedicated resources: Each Spear Greenfield client is part of our family. Their cases get the compassion, attention, time, and respect of every staff member.
- Track record of results: Over the past three decades, we’ve recovered more than $500 million for our clients. Many other supermarket accident attorneys refer cases to us when settlement isn’t an option because of our ability to get results.
- Reputation: We’ve earned respect in and out the courtroom with our reputation for prioritizing our clients’ best interests. Insurance companies and their lawyers know we won’t settle for a penny less than your claim deserves.
Follow the link below for even more reasons your neighbors consistently trust Spear Greenfield as their legal advocate.