Burn Injury Attorneys
Serious burns are among the most painful and devastating injuries someone can endure. Not only do burn victims suffer excruciating physical pain that can last for an extended time period, but they are also often left with permanent scarring and disfigurement. Many burn injuries that patients sustain are uncontrollable and linked to the negligence of a separate party. Going to a restaurant and being scalded with hot coffee, being burned by a malfunctioning tanning bed, and sustaining burns from exploding equipment on a job site are all examples of burn injuries caused by uncontrollable circumstances.
Any burn injury can have short- and long-term physical and financial consequences. You could accumulate substantial medical expenses and be unable to return to work. The intense pain and suffering can prevent you from enjoying the same quality of life you once had. Spear Greenfield is here to help you through these challenging times. Our experienced burn injury attorneys can assist you in navigating the complex legal process. We can also ensure you receive high-quality medical treatment that makes a meaningful difference in your recovery.
Our no fee guarantee gives you peace of mind when consulting with a burn injury lawyer. You will not owe legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Take the next step by contacting us to schedule a FREE initial consultation today. It really is free – reach out now, our lawyers are standing by!
Pennsylvania & New Jersey Burn Injury Law Firm
The team at Spear Greenfield has experience with helping burn victims, so we empathize with the related hardships. We are here to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Our firm is family-owned, customer-focused, and experienced, which is why we offer a free consultation. This appointment carries no pressure or obligations, just information. Schedule your free consultation today!
Why Choose Spear Greenfield?
As mentioned above, burn injuries can range from mild to serious. Spear Greenfield will not shy away from any case, no matter how big or small. For clients with serious burn injuries, our law firm offers access to extensive medical contacts to ensure you receive the necessary treatment and to guarantee all medical issues caused by the accident are documented. Due to our reputation in the community, Spear Greenfield can connect you with the necessary doctor, treatment, or medical professional, even if you do not have insurance! Below are some additional reasons to choose Spear Greenfield.
- Past awards: Since our experienced team of lawyers is motivated by their passion to help our suffering clients, it is not surprising that Spear Greenfield has earned over half a billion dollars for clients in our 30 years of business. One of our clients was awarded $6.86 million for a fire incident, while another client was awarded $1.1 million for a bus accident. Our law firm has a track record of success, so provide yourself the best chance of earning the maximum amount of compensation by partnering with a winning law firm for your personal injury case!
- Level of experience: Due to our team’s experience, Spear Greenfield is the perfect partner for guiding you through your personal injury case. The legal process requires extensive meticulousness and attention, which an individual without a law degree or even a lesser attorney cannot commit. Lean on our attorneys to perform the investigation, determine whether you have a good case, and contact the appropriate parties to ensure there is a viable claim. Our team is here to ensure you are not overwhelmed but are always informed.
- Thorough process: The Spear Greenfield team will never sell you short! We have a staff filled with trial lawyers, so if our team determines that going to court will provide the most compensation, we will not hesitate to go the distance. Other firms may be apprehensive to invest the time and resources, but at Spear Greenfield, we will always take a client-centered approach.
What Is Your Legal Recourse After a Burn Injury?
Are you suffering from the effects of a burn injury? Consider pursuing legal action against the negligent party. You will have the burden of proof to show that the other party caused the accident and subsequent injuries. You can take this step by filing a personal injury claim.
It is vital to enlist the services of an experienced burn injury law firm like Spear Greenfield to guide you through the complex legal process. Your lawyer will represent your interests and battle the insurance company for the financial payout you deserve, even if it requires filing a lawsuit and taking your case to trial.
Types of Burn Injuries
One factor that will dictate the legal options following a burn injury is identifying the type of burn you suffered. While each type has its own severity range, all of these burns cause excruciating pain and require medical attention following the accident.
- Chemical Burns: These burns occur when the skin contacts strong acids. If severe enough, chemical burns could be life-threatening. Depending on the chemical type, the burn symptoms can appear instantaneously or may not develop for hours.
- Radiation Burns: Radiation burns are usually caused by medical testing procedures in hospitals and can range from mild to severe.
- Surface Burns: These types of burns are typically superficial but can still be extremely painful and leave scarring.
- Electrical Burns: Electrical burns may cause damage beneath the skin that affects internal organs and tissue. Cases of this type of burn category can prove fatal.
Determining Liability for Burn Injuries
A burn injury can be classified as a catastrophic injury when serious enough. Severe burns usually cause substantial financial burdens, so burn injury victims may be entitled to significant compensation as a result. This may be the case in the event of the following situations:
- Medical services: Serious injuries tend to require medical attention such as surgery, rehabilitation, the use of a medical device, or subscriptions for medication for the rest of the injury victim’s life. Compensation can be provided to afford these medical expenses.
- Wages lost: Some burn injuries can limit or halt a victim’s ability to return to work for an extended time, so compensation may be awarded for lost wages in these situations.
People with burns are able to file negligence claims on the basis that all individuals are owed some duty of care by others. In order to avoid injuries and the associated legal issues, property owners view their duty of care responsibility seriously. In the event that a party fails to fulfill their duty of care and an accident happens as a result, the injured party can sue for negligence.
When pursuing legal action, the injured party must prove negligence occurred, and that the negligent act directly caused their injuries. This proof can be accomplished with evidence, and if successful, the injured party may recover compensation as coverage for all damages sustained as a result of the accident. Some examples of evidence includes:
- Pictures or videos taken by you or other witnesses
- Surveillance footage
- Statements from witnesses who saw the accident
- Medical records outlining injuries sustained in an accident
- Pictures of the conditions that caused the accident
From experience, our lawyers empathize with the devastating nature of burn injuries, which can take both a physical or mental toll. At Spear Greenfield, our clients suffering burn injuries sometimes take an extended time to heal and the frustration of that process is palpable. Please do not face these burdens alone! Below is a link to a simplified guide to the legal process.