Making Sense of a Brain & Spinal Cord Injury
The effects of a traumatic brain or spinal cord injury on both the victim and his or her family can be devastating. Personal injury cases involving a spinal cord or brain injury can be complex, which could require legal guidance. Personal injury attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and skill to help you navigate the legal process. If you or someone close to you has sustained a brain injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, a consultation with a traumatic brain injury law firm would be a prudent initial step.
The Spear Greenfield legal team has experience in helping spinal cord and brain injury victims, and we empathize with the related hardships. We are here to help you get justice and recover the maximum compensation! Set up a free consultation with our Spear Greenfield legal team via phone or online by clicking below. This appointment contains no pressure or obligations, just information. Allow us to learn more about your brain injury case, so that we can advise you on your legal options.
Potential Legal Remedies for a Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
Has an accident-related brain or spinal cord injury prevented you from returning to work or generated a pile of unpaid medical bills? You may be able to recover compensation from the negligent party and their insurance company. However, you bear the burden of proving the other party is responsible for your injuries. It is crucial to gather all the relevant evidence and present a compelling case.
Now is the time to consult with an experienced brain injury attorney who understands your predicament and knows how to get results. The Spear Greenfield Personal Injury Attorneys team will battle the insurance company on your behalf. While the insurer may offer a quick, lowball settlement, our brain injury attorneys are willing to go the extra mile and take your case to trial if necessary. We will serve as your trusted legal advocate throughout the process.
Common Causes of Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
Unfortunately, people in Pennsylvania and New Jersey suffer brain and spinal cord injuries on a daily basis. While some of these injuries are fairly minor, others are life-changing. The cause of these injuries is important to investigate, because that will determine the legal process utilized for your brain injury claim. Some of the common causes of brain injuries include:
- Car Accidents: These injuries can easily occur in an accident if a driver or passenger hits their head on a steering wheel, windshield, or another object during a vehicle accident.
- Medical Malpractice: Severe cases of medical malpractice sometimes lead to devastating brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Assault: Individuals who suffer from these injuries as the result of an assault often experience emotional trauma in addition to physical injury.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: There are certain conditions that can lead to slip and fall injuries, including ice, water, uneven surfaces, and other hazardous conditions that may have been left unattended.
Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Types
A brain or spinal cord injury will leave you with serious medical and financial concerns for the rest of your life. While all injuries in this category are significant and require medical treatment, there are various injuries within this category. Some frequent brain and spinal cord injuries suffered by individuals include the following:
Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Spinal cord injury
Closed head injury
Brain and spinal cord injuries and the consequences of these injuries should not be taken lightly. At Spear Greenfield, we treat these cases with high priority, because of the high stakes surrounding these injuries. Allow us to represent you during your time of need, guide you through the legal process, and earn you the maximum compensation!
Learn more about the legalities by exploring our case basics link below.
Why Choose Spear Greenfield?
Due to their serious nature, brain and spinal cord injuries often require medical attention immediately following the injury. Helping clients for over three decades, Spear Greenfield has a robust portfolio of medical contacts, who ensure our clients receive the quality medical treatment and the proper medical documentation they deserve. With the standing our law firm has in the surrounding community, we guarantee our clients will receive their necessary treatment, even if there is no insurance!
- Our on-trial skills: Since brain and spinal cord injuries carry substantial damages, Spear Greenfield works hard to ensure our clients receive maximum compensation. Our legal team does not hesitate to regularly take cases to court, because our trial attorneys have the experience of taking a case from the beginning all the way to a jury verdict. We will not sell you short on our services. Our traumatic brain injury law firm will dedicate the time and resources to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve!
- Our previous success: At Spear Greenfield, we proudly boast that we have recovered over half a billion dollars for our clients! Our track record of success speaks for itself, including $950,000 earned for a tractor-trailer accident and $900,000 awarded for a car accident. We attribute our success to our legal team’s experience, dedication, and resources.
- Our determination: We love our clients, and we never turn them away without consideration. We accept cases that other head injury lawyers in PA and NJ won’t. Our attorneys at Spear Greenfield believe in getting justice for our clients’ cases, and we are willing to invest the necessary time and effort into achieving that aim!