Uber has become one of the easiest ways to get around when you do not want to drive. But even the most skilled Uber drivers can get into an accident. When that happens, who is to blame, and what legal rights do you have to get compensation for your losses?
Our Uber accident lawyer can offer the insight you need. At Rand Spear The Accident Lawyer, we work closely with our clients to ensure they are treated fairly when such incidents occur. A Pennsylvania and New Jersey rideshare accident lawyer will provide you with a clear path forward, outlining what steps to take to file a claim and legal representation when your best course of action is to file a lawsuit.
Who Can Be Held Responsible When an Uber Accident Occurs
Uber is a large organization with employees and independent contractors working for them. When you are in an accident, none of that may seem to matter, but it can make a big difference in what happens next.
One of the first things our accident lawyer will help you with is determining who is responsible and their liability. This is fact-specific to your situation.
The Driver Causes the Accident
If the Uber driver is operating recklessly or makes a mistake that creates a car accident, it is that driver who may hold responsibility for your losses due to their negligent behavior. Keep in mind that two things can occur here.
- They activated the app. If the driver added your fare and logged your trip in their Uber app, then you gain the protection of Uber, a large company with ample liability insurance to cover most accidents.
- They did not enter the ride into the app. If, for any reason, the Uber driver did not activate the app to log your trip, then only the driver’s liability insurance will be available to you to claim, not Uber itself.
If the Uber driver strikes you while pulling up or does not log the trip into the app because they forgot to do so, you may be unable to hold Uber itself responsible. You may still be able to obtain compensation from the driver’s insurance. Instead of worrying, talk to an Uber accident attorney today.
Another Driver Causes the Accident
In some situations, your Uber driver may not have done anything wrong, but an accident occurred due to another driver’s mistakes. In this situation, you can likely file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, much like in any other situation. It will be critical that you obtain all of the necessary information from the police about fault in cases like this.
There Are Benefits to Working with an Uber Accident Lawyer
The whole process may seem straightforward and simple to file a claim and move on, but Uber has high-powered attorneys and insurance adjusters working to reduce any liability in your case. That is why it is so important for you to work with an Uber accident attorney with ample experience.
A Professional Team of Attorneys at Your Side
At Rand Spear, we are passionate professionals who work tirelessly to protect our clients in accidents like this. We can provide you with several benefits if you choose to work for us rather than simply filing a claim on your own.
- We will discuss your case with the insurance company. Alleviating one of the most common ways that people lose money in personal injury cases, by speaking to the insurance company on your behalf, we can help you get fair compensation.
- Negotiating the highest possible claim. We are dedicated professionals at getting our clients the best level of compensation possible. We do not hold back. We know what is on the line, and we are ready to fight for our clients.
- We handle the communication with Uber. Uber may have questions for you. They may want to try to blame you for the incident, or they may even try to refute your claims of injuries. Let us handle talking to the company for you.
Most of the time, claims like this involve settling the case in a settlement with the appropriate insurance company. If that does not happen for any reason, our team can pursue legal action in a court of law. We do not back down when our clients are at risk.
Let Us Prove Why This Accident Happened
There are many potential causes for an Uber accident. By working closely with you and gathering all available evidence in the case, we can help you determine what went wrong. Some common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted driving, such as using the app, talking on the phone, or texting while driving
- Speeding or other reckless driving incidents
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Fatigued driving
- Poor road conditions due to weather
- Inexperienced driving
These are just some of the most common examples of why Uber accidents happen. If something else happened in your case, let us know.
You Should Seek Compensation for All of Your Losses
When you are up against injuries, mounting medical bills, lost time at work, and pain and suffering, you deserve compensation for what you are facing. Let our legal team guide you throughout the legal process. We will help to identify all of the losses you have from your injuries as well as any mental health challenges you are facing.
Demand Rand – Set Up a Free Consultation with Our Team Now
If you were in an accident with a ride-share company, do not settle your claim or go to court without a highly skilled and experienced attorney by your side to guide you. Let the team at Rand Spear The Accident Lawyer help you to navigate the legal process. We have helped our clients obtain millions of dollars in compensation owed to them. We will work just as hard for you.
Schedule a free consultation with us now. We are available 24/7 to provide help. Call our office now for legal assistance and guidance you can rely on.